Position: Software Engineer (C#/.NET/Azure)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Online, remote working, with occasional travel
Hours: 37.5 hours/week (flexible working hours)
Timezone: GMT +/- 1
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000/year
xbim Ltd is a world-leader in the development of Building Information Modelling (BIM) software services and platforms. We’re an innovative and open organisation striving to make a positive difference to the world, with the ambition to democratise the use of building information through open standards.
Headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne (UK), our staff and clients are set up around the world, and we’re the trusted platform for thousands of partners and projects globally. We maintain the open source xbim toolkit.
You will be a key member of the product development team, reporting directly to the CTO, helping build and enhance our Flex cloud platform, enabling our partners to create the next generation of services powered by BIM data and 3D graphics.
You will be engaged with the core platform development, using C# as the main programming language. We’d like you to “hit the ground running”, but you will have access to training opportunities and support as part of your work. This role is ideal for graduate engineer with some experience, or senior engineer seeking openness and freedom. We’re a collaborative and open team, but you should be comfortable working independently.
The role supports remote working with occasional visits to the Newcastle office, as required – when permissible under Covid legislation.
As part of this role you will:
- Be responsible for delivering high quality, scalable, tested, cloud-based software services
- Strive to innovate, automate and continuously improve how we develop, release and manage software
- Bring high standards of detail and software design skills to the team
- Have excellent problem solving and numerical skills
- Support the creation of simple, integrated documentation for 3rd party developers
What you’ll bring to the team:
Essential Experience – This is the core of what we’re looking for
- Cloud-based Software and engineering skills and practices using .NET / .NET Core
- 2+ years .NET stack, EF / EF Core, ASP.NET Core
- Microsoft Azure – PaaS components
- Relational Databases (E.g. AzureSql, SqlLite)
- Familiar with Git, Continuous Integration and unit testing practices
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English, additional languages a bonus)
- Comfortable working independently
Desirable – it would be great if you had some of these
- Azure DevOps or other CI / Release Management tooling
- Knowledge of Open API (NSwag/Swagger) and OAuth2/OIDC technologies (e.g. IdentityServer)
- Experience of OData, GraphQL or similar
- Non-relational Databases (Azure Storage, CosmosDb etc)
- Azure Functions or similar “serverless” technologies
- Experience of modern web front-end technologies such as Angular, React or Vue
In addition to the above you’ll also get opportunities to work with:
- Azure Durable Functions
- Infrastructure as Code technologies (ARM templates, Terraform etc)
- WebGL and Geometry / 3D Graphics technologies
- The xbim Toolkit and related BIM technologies
- Flexible working hours (around 10am-3pm core hours)
- Support for remote working (and post-Covid Travel budget for team meets)
- 33 days holidays / year (including 8 public holidays)
- Budget to “choose your own kit”
- Personal training budget
How to apply:
Submit your CV and covering letter using the form below (or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org).