salary £25 - 30,000 per annum
xbim is a UK-based tech start-up operating in the AEC Industry, our product range is focused on BIM, the extraction and use of data from models to digitise and improve our clients products and processes.
We’re looking for a Junior Software engineer to join our growing product development team, working to deliver Flex, our BIM PaaS solution to a global audience.
You will be engaged with the core platform development, using C# as the main programming language. You’ll have access to training and coaching opportunities to support you in your role and assist in your career development. We’re a small team with big ambitions for our products, so this role is ideal for a graduate who wants to make an impression, get involved and gain valuable experience in a complex and rewarding field of software.
We’re a fully remote team with colleagues across Europe. Although we’re highly collaborative and supportive you should be a self-starter who’s comfortable working independently.
As part of this role you will:
- Be part of the team responsible for delivering high quality, scalable, tested, cloud-based software services
- Strive to innovate, automate, and continuously improve how we develop, release and manage software
- Have excellent problem solving and numerical skills
- Support the creation of simple, integrated documentation for third party developers.
Qualities and Skills:
- Experience working with any modern Object Oriented programming language commercially or otherwise eg. C#, Java, Python, Kotlin, Go, Typescript
- Knowledge of source control (git)
- Knowledge of automated software testing
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency (additional languages a bonus)
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn
Nice to have:
- Dotnet development
- Cloud Experience eg Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Front end development knowledge eg React, Blazor or Angular
- Non-relational Databases (Azure Storage, CosmosDb etc)
- Experience of Geometry / 3D Graphics concepts
- QA or manual testing experience
- Knowledge of the construction Industry
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Paid training courses
- 1-2-1 mentoring
- Space to grow professionally
- Choose your own equipment, our home office budget ensures you’re equally if not better equipped than in a fixed office environment